Wednesday, April 20, 2011

QUI N'AIME PAS LA MER?

Who doesn't love the sea? I've been enamored by the scents and sounds of sea salts and sea shells since my infancy. You might not know this, but I was born right on Miami Beach! It's probably in my destiny to move back some day. One can only be without the ocean for so long. And on the topic of oceans- have you guys heard the album Cape Dory by Tennis? It's my second all-time favorite record, next to Room on Fire by The Strokes. The whole album is a documentation of the band's experience at sea, set to lo-fi melodies overflowing with nautical sincerity. I proudly admit to skipping around my room with "Seafarer" on blast while wearing this very maritime get-up! Red sky at night, sailor's delight.












FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
Beret- Saks Fifth Avenue
Sunglasses- 80s Purple, www.80spurple.com
Cardigan- Gap
Bejeweled anchor dress- Victoria's Secret PINK
Thigh highs- Drugstore, DIY
Flats- Target

My title is (of course) in French, because the aesthetic I'm trying to convey is both Parisian and aquatic. Accents like my black ribbon and red frill assert that I'm young and romantic, while pieces like the beret and cardigan effervesce a 1950s beatnik charm. Altogether, the effect is French lolita looking for love at the naval base. Seafarer, you and I belong together!

Everything is infinite,

Bebe Zeva

20 comments:

  1. omg, this outfits is amazing, i loved your sunglasses and, of course the dress. Love it ;)
    xx
    www.flashingstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this outfit. Obsessed with knee-high socks at the moment. Also, Room on Fire is an amazing album. Good choice! ♥
    www.heteroheroine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qui n'aime pas la jolie petite Bebe?
    <3 and <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool dress!

    http://31-85.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favorite looks i've seen from you.
    also, i've been playing Cape Dory a lot at work and customers always love it/ask me who's playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH a cute outfit, love the dress!! You are such a style inspiration!

    Emma x

    closetconfessionsofafashionaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice!! ♥

    http://my-berlin-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your style! you are such an inspiration!

    xoxo,

    insidelook19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES.
    ROOM ON FIRE.
    FOR THE FUCKING WIN.
    YOUR COOLNESS JUST ELEVATED TO A WHOLE NEW DIFFERENT LEVEL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so beautiful RED GIRL :) The fourth photograph is the prettiest ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahoy the boat!.. haha a fine uniform on a pretty sailor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "My title is (of course) in French, because the aesthetic I'm trying to convey is both Parisian and aquatic."

    "maritime get-up"

    "Accents like my black ribbon and red frill assert that I'm young and romantic"

    Your writing is atrocious and hackneyed

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look like a manga ! :) i love your eyes & legs ! amaizng outfit !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely! Love that dress! Perfect outfit dear. :)
    Stunning. <3

    XX,
    _________________________
    CHRISTINAKEY.BLOGSPOT.COM
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love how vibrant the red is and your lip color is gorgeous, this whole outfit is perfect :)




    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. where do you get all of this money to buy all of these clothes?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the whole outfit. You pull it off very well ;)
    Great photos!

    http://seventhofjuly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete