Monday, August 25, 2014

makeup review: one direction's midnight memories collection

I'm super excited to publish my first ever makeup review! I'm a little camera shy when it comes to recording, so hopefully these progress shots will suffice to illustrate how I achieved #thelook. The makeup kit I'm using is a limited edition set of products from One Direction's new makeup line called "The Looks Collection." Each makeup kit comes in a keepsake tin named after one of three albums: Up All Night, Take Me Home, and Midnight Memories. My palette features the boldest shades of the bunch -- dark and holographic shadows, deep rouge lipstick, fluorescent magenta gloss, and glittering gray nail polish. Together, they create a cosmetic ensemble fit for the craziest concert, wildest after party, or (if you're lucky) tour bus turn-up.



Check out the artistic direction I chose for my face!

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 


First, I applied a base layer of foundation and filled in my brows to prep my 'facial canvas.' 



Next, I whipped out the mascara and loaded it on - top and bottom. Didn't expect it to do exactly what I wanted! Love a sweet surprise.



Then, the hard part. Lining my eye with a creamy kohl pencil. 



I chose a semi-pointed smoky blend over a traditional cat-eye. Specific shapes are easier to accomplish with liquid eyeliner, and the pencil works best when you gently rub it in. 



But now the FUN part - painting those lids with shimmering shades of eyeshadow.



I went aaaaall the way and used every color but the glittering peach... we'll save that hue for another day.



Glam time with "Best Song Ever"- the perfect shade of ruby red and a creamy quality texture.



Finally ready to rock n' roll... Zayn where you at when I'm lookin' this good????



And I gotta say it... THAT'S what makes me beautiful. Midnight Memories.



The Looks Collection is available all over America starting August 25th (today!) -- you can pick yours up at Macy's, Dillards, Lord & Taylor, Beauty Brands or Stage Stores. And if you choose another palette, like the electrifying "Up All Night" or girl-next-door-chic "Take Me Home," send me a pic. I'm curious to see what you do with your art!

Everything is infinite,

Bebe

P.S. This post was powered by Brandbacker

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of yung Bebe. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, very "femme fatale" ;)

    x Blanche
    http://thealbatrossphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete